images www.cocokelley.com

Monday 14 May 2012

Define your Style



Many people are unsure of exactly what their style is. In this blog post I have a beautiful collection of my favourite interiors.These photographs depict 'my style'.
hall, entry, wallpaper, vintage style



white bathroom, ottoman, bright bathroom

When it comes to decorating your home or landscaping your garden it is really important that you take the time to establish what your natural style is before you go about investing in furniture, renovations and landscaping. Being sure about your style will make the big decisions about what to skimp on and what splurge on  much easier.

vintage bedroom, cast iron bed, chandelier, pink bedroom

















Before outlaying any money you want to be very sure you will be happy with your decisions long term.


white living room, antlers, velvet chairs, chandelier



After decades of having my home decor and purchases described as 'Priscillaish' I finally understand my style, clearly my friends and family were able to pinpoint my style more easily than I could myself.

breakfast table, atrium, carriage lights
IF YOU LIKE THIS LOOK? MOVE CURSER OVER PICTURE, CLICK ON CART FOR SIMILAR SPLURGE OR SAVE VERSIONS

ladies office, pink chair, ladies desk

I think most people find this. It can often be easier to know someone elses style than your own.
I have seen some beautiful renovations, and have marveled at the bathroom, dining room and living room designs of my friends and families homes.
cow hide chair, acrylic table, wooden vase
IF YOU LIKE THIS LOOK? MOVE CURSER OVER PICTURE, CLICK ON CART FOR SIMILAR SPLURGE OR SAVE VERSIONS






vintage lounge room, chandelier, candle sticks, white living room
IF YOU LIKE THIS LOOK? MOVE CURSER OVER PICTURE, CLICK ON CART FOR SIMILAR SPLURGE OR SAVE VERSIONS
french chairs, candle sticks, chandelier
IF YOU LIKE THIS LOOK? MOVE CURSER OVER PICTURE, CLICK ON CART FOR SIMILAR SPLURGE OR SAVE VERSIONS




However without having spent a great deal of money on my own renovations and decor I have managed to create a home that I adore.



photo frames, white furniture, chandelier, kitchen table, buffet

fireplace, cream chair, photos, books
IF YOU LIKE THIS LOOK? MOVE CURSER OVER PICTURE, CLICK ON CART FOR SIMILAR SPLURGE OR SAVE VERSIONS
I now understand that my style is based more on creating a sense of history, a lived in cosy feel, natural light and a slightly french country look.

A great way to understand your style is to create a collection of photographs of rooms that appeal to you. You should only select pictures to add to your collection that you like enough that you would live in this style of room almost exactly as the picture looks.


carved wood panel, white bed, exotic bed spread
IF YOU LIKE THIS LOOK? MOVE CURSER OVER PICTURE, CLICK ON CART FOR SIMILAR SPLURGE OR SAVE VERSIONS


Once you have your entire collection of photos you will see a pattern forming of a style that is uniquely your own. Look at them closely and make a list of all the common elements for example a common thread you can see in all of these pictures are: hand painted lighting, candle sticks, velvet, chandeliers, vintage and rustic pieces, wood white and cream, eclectic pieces, books, photos, picture frames, traditional style furniture. There you have it,  my style in a nut shell. Now you can do the same to discover your style.

Venetian  lights, velvet bed, candle sticks
IF YOU LIKE THIS LOOK? MOVE CURSER OVER PICTURE, CLICK ON CART FOR SIMILAR SPLURGE OR SAVE VERSIONS
Please share with your friends. click on the icon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment