images www.cocokelley.com

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Ode to the Shed...



I stumbled across this amazing 'shed' on a blog that I regularly browse. So I went hunting for more information about this 'shed'. Well, to say it is the ultimate shed is an understatement.

Take a look at photos and story at Dezeen Magazine.
Scandinavian Kekkilä modular garden shed, by Avanto Architects for Kekkila 
 Visit Dezeen Magazine online and the amazing creations by Avanto Architects for Kekkila, Designers Ville Hara and Linda Bergroth.


Take a look at photos and story at Dezeen Magazine.
Scandinavian Kekkilä modular garden shed, by Avanto Architects for Kekkila 







This is a great book from 
Target Online.




















Solar light perfect for the shed
Seeing this 'shed' got me thinking about shed styles. Given I am madly building my veggie patch and the surrounding garden I really need to start thinking about sheds. Well to say I have opened a hornets nest is putting it mildly. Take a look at all the amazing options and uses for sheds that I found. 

If you prefer a bit more of a rustic look. Here is the other end of the spectrum. 

Tool shed in the vegetable garden at Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens. Source: Beedle Um Bum



This book from Target Online celebrates the Shed and gives tips on design.




















This book presents a collection of thirty beautiful, creative backyard structures from across the country that transform the ordinary shed into unique writers' nooks, artists' studios, children's play areas, and other innovative living spaces, in a lavishly illustrated volume that includes full-color photography, sample blueprints, an extensive resource section, and helpful suggestions.

This is an adorable shed with a whimsical feel and a fantastic use of colour, flowers and foliage.
Source : deborah|silverbees


This is an amazing shed..an entry in Shed of the Year in the UK 2011. Take a look at some of the entries at Urban Ghosts website 

Original source :  readersheds.co.uk
What I love about the shed below is that it could easily be created out of a kit shed with a few additions and a coat of paint....I can see this one with my garden tools and a little spot to sit and admire my gardening efforts.However if you want the real deal...and don't we all,  I found this in the Daily mail UK. These are made by Scotts of Thrapston called the National Trust Summer Houses. 
Source: http://www.scottsofthrapston.co.uk/nationaltrust/index.asp

Source:  http://www.scottsofthrapston.co.uk/nationaltrust/index.asp

I love how this shed is part of the landscaping of this garden. The veggie garden and the seating all create a beautiful setting to enjoy the garden.
Source : cmkalina


This evokes memories of the US countryside. I'm sure you could replicate this on your 1/4 acre block. 

Source :  BethHemmelgarn
A plain old tin 'shed' is just not enough anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment